Saturday, July 17, 2010

Our Saturday Adventure

A few days ago, Racing with Babes
(http://racingwithbabes.blogspot.com)
did a post called 'snapshot of eight'. She took a pic at each mile of her run that day. I thought that was cool, so I attempted to do that this morning :)

The girls and I met in our regular place, 6am for a 7 mile run. We decided to try a new route, one I never even knew existed. (yeah, I've lived in this town for a long time and I never knew this trail was even here!) Super nice run, a great change of pace.

Our fist view was this at about mile 1:


Here is mile 2:


Here is mile 3:


Here is mile 4:


Here is mile 5:
Yeah, ok, that one needs a little explanation....we were low on water, so we got off the trail and went down to a local business (who wasn't open), saw their hose out front and thought we would fill up. OMG the hose water actually bubbled in our water bottles, was really cloudy, and quite scary! So we dumped that and went on to the next place - the only place around was a concrete company - they seemed to have people around so we went on in. Hello? Anyone here? Oh, there's a few guys - hey do you have any water around where we could fill up our bottles? I swear, these guys looked at us like we were crazy. First of all, it's before 7am, and how random for three *very* sweaty ladies to come walking into the concrete company garage? Hey we were desperate and there was a water cooler. Works for us :)

Here is mile 6:


And here is mile 7:
Thanks ladies for a fun morning!

2 comments:

  1. Mile 7 is my favorite! Nothing better than a good coffee after a run! Thanks for showing me your run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete