After just a tiny bit of talking into, we laced up our shoes and took off. She asked how far we were going and I lied...just a little....and said we would just go run and not count how far we were going. Running just for fun. I knew darn well I had a 2 mile route planned.
Last time we did a run/walk 2 miles. I mapped it when we got home and we ran just a little more than we walked. This time I was going to try to get a little more running out of her. Honestly though, I am a little afraid of making it too hard for her right out of the gate - she'll hate it and never want to do it again.
So how did this run go? I resorted to talking about anything possible trying to distract her....I even sang stupid songs (anyone we passed probably thought I had lost my mind!) But in the end, less whining and more running! Our route was 2 miles, we ran 1.75 of that 2. That's a 1/2 mile farther than the last run. Whoop whoop! Super proud of my non-runner kid today!
Here she is after our run...
Didn't look so happy here, but I caught her singing in the shower after :)And the knee is feeling great after my longish run last Saturday!
Getting ready to register both of us for J's first race! August 8 we are heading to Kansas City for Race for the Cure. My friend Jen is running her first 5K that day, so we're heading there to pull her through her first race day. I worried that taking J would slow Jen down, but after running 1.75 tonight, 3 1/2 weeks to go before race day, I think we'll be ok! Getting excited!!





That's so cool about your daughter, yay!!! I love the pic of her in the grass...haha. That will be so much fun to do the 5K together ... and with your friend, too. So sad that Aug 8th is just around the corner...where is summer going???
ReplyDelete