May 1 marked a day for me to look back at my past year. My first running anniversary is upon me. May 1 last year I decided that was IT. No more size 16. WoW. Did I just type that? Yep, size 16 - that's what I was a year ago. I was so frustrated with my weight. I could walk 5 miles a day and it wasn't budging. So....hey, let's try running. Really?! Well, let me say that I had never run a step before I decided to take this big one. I was scared to even try because I feared failing miserably! I had no idea it would turn out to be about so much more than losing some weight.
It truly has been a journey of self discovery, frustration, exhaustion, joy, fun, with maybe some pride mixed in.....here is a look back at my first year as a runner.
I've dropped 30 pounds first of all - saying goodbye hopefully forever to my size 16s, size 14s and size 12s.....still working on getting rid of those 10s! Oh and had knee surgery already too!
I have ran these races:
Run Your Buns Off 5K
Chapman 10K
WinterRunderland 10K
St. Pats Day 10K
Des Moines 1/2 Marathon
Gobbler Grind 1/2 Marathon
It's been quite a year. I hope to be hitting the road again soon - just a few more weeks of waiting for my knee to heal from surgery. I can't wait to put those pretty pink shoes on knowing I can get back to it =)
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment