Kicked off Penny's bday today with 7 400s! My daughter made a super cute sign for the fence at the track and we had a cute little present waiting for her. We ran ahead before she got there and put it on the track about 1/2 way out. It was dark out so she totally didn't see it until we were right on it. :) We're so sneaky!
We walked one lap, then it was time to go! I have to confess....I have run several 5Ks, several 10Ks, several 1/2 marathons....and never, ever have done a single bit of speed work! Maybe that is why I've never been very fast?! hmmm, there's a thought! I was actually pretty surprised at my pace - between 2:00 & 2:06 for all 7. That felt fast for me, I'm used to an 11 minute mile. I know there is no way I could have kept that pace much longer than a 400, but my hubs is probably right - you can't run faster unless you run faster!
Happy Birthday Penny!
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Happy birthday to penny! I've never done a track workout either, but nicole says it's important and I should try! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI think that is my new favorite quote! I love speed training. I can tell it helps me out a lot!
ReplyDeleteI have never done much (ok, not at all) speed work either. I blame that on using my one or two outdoor runs a week to get the distance in. Intervals on the treadmill are REALLY hard. I know that it's one of the keys to getting faster though... Great job on getting it done!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Penny, yay :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE speedwork...and yes, it does help the speed!! :)
Have a great weekend!