Thursday, August 19, 2010

Andale! Andale! Arriba! Arriba! Yii-hah!

Speed work Thursday!

The last time we did speed work, we were way too fast according to Hal's training program. We are suppose to do our 400's at 10K race pace. Last time we did 2:05 on average. Um, hello, my 10K race pace is 9:45 - 10 min miles if I'm lucky. Yeah, that was too fast.

Today we tried to slow it down a little, but the weather was so awesome (72 degrees this morning!), that we didn't do much better today! 5:30 am, 8 x 400, average of about 2:13 per. That's a bit better, but I think I need to get it to 2:30 average to go along with 'the plan'.

I'm a little confused about speed work. Isn't the whole point to go as fast as you can? Seems like I shouldn't be telling myself to slow down if it's suppose to be about getting faster. Hmmm. Any advice out there?

Have a great Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a newbie to speedwork, so I don't have any advice for you. Great job on getting it done though, I did my first last night and it was tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to figure out speedwork. At this point I'm waiting for after the marathon to tackle it, I don't want to chance an injury. Nice job though!

    ReplyDelete