Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Where am I Wednesday?

My morning started off at 5:15, coffee, bagel, ready to run. Normal day. Had 3 miles on the 1/2 marathon schedule today, but I was running alone, so I didn't really have a planned route. Just thought I'd run 15 minutes and turn around.

Yeah, that didn't happen! I ran a trail that I had never run before. I thought no problem, I've lived here, well pretty much forever, so no biggie if I didn't know where the trail was going. I had a general idea.

Well....I must have missed my turn off. Yeah, I definitely did. Got stuck on the trail and when I came to an intersecting street, I was way farther from home than I intended to be! Then I had to decide whether to turn around and go back the way I came, or turn and hope that was a shorter way to get home. It was already quite clear that I would never make it to work on time, and the 3 mile plan was gone!

Had to get home somehow....so I ended up with about 5 miles instead. Um, yeah, I got lost on my run today! But the view was pretty cool :)

3 comments:

  1. I got lost once on a long run in the middle of rain and I was freezing to death. I was a little panicy and added 4 miles onto what was suppose to be 15. Yikes. So I guess it happens to us al when we try to be adventerous :). That view IS pretty, at least you had something nice to look at. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm glad to hear you didn't get too lost on your run. That view was amazing, though - I love the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how my running began - I got lost. They I drove back where I had been [with a co-pilot] and I went 7 miles. Lost can be the start of all the fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete