Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday we had a big nasty storm (90+mph winds!) so we were unsure what our Saturday morning run would be like - cooler because of the rain, or one big sweaty hot mess? The weather for us was actually much better than it has been the past few runs. But running through town this morning after the big storm - was just sad :( The damage was awful, full trees down, many people still without power after losing it Friday afternoon.

Here's a pic from campusOn the plus side, we had a good run today. We all forgot to take GU (well, not me, sorry GU makers, I just can't eat that stuff). P & G forgot to take their GU, I forgot my shot blocks .... so I was crashing a bit, but by the time we realized it, we were almost done. The best part was the deeeelish mocha latte afterward and having time to sit with the girls for coffee :) Kathy joined us today for coffee and if peer pressure works on her she will soon be joining us for running :)

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Woah, that storm did some damage!! I love breakfast and coffee after a morning run. It's always soooo nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a storm! It sure did a lot of damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipes! That was quite the storm.

    ReplyDelete