Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 1 Recap

My first official week of 1/2 marathon training went a little somethin' like this:
Monday - 3
Tuesday - 3
Wednesday - 6
Thursday - hill repeats (about 5)
Friday - rest
Saturday - rest (garage sale at home, I think that was more work than a run!)
Sunday - 8

Total for the week: 25 miles

I had planned to start from bare bones beginner training plan - um, yeah, I didn't do a very good job of that this week! A week of 25 miles isn't on the beginner schedule until week 8 of training. ooops.

So I guess I'm going the intermediate or advanced plan (or something in between)

Took an 8 mile trail run this morning. Felt a little weird to be running on Sunday instead of our usual Saturday, but I had a garage sale to get rid of lots and lots of stuff cluttering our house. Ahhhh, that feels good! I struggled during the run today. Maybe it was the first week of training tiredness (is that a word?!), or maybe it was because I got 5 hours of sleep Friday & Saturday nights both? Yeah, probably that one.

I must get to bed on time if I'm going to expect to run 25 miles a week, work full time, have a half way clean house and have clean undies to wear. I wish I had about 10 extra hours in the day!

No pics on the run today, I was sucking wind today and totally forgot to pull my phone out. But here is a funny pic of Penny & Gina after our run. You can't really see it, but Gina's got her arms up :)

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on your first week on training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! Half marathon training is in full effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a major cleaning of my entire house, I need more hours too!!

    ReplyDelete