Saturday, August 7, 2010

Race Day Freak Out

Ok it's official. Race mornings freak me out. That's today. My first race since my surgery, and I'm flipping out. Slept like poo poo....stomach is upset. Ugh. Thinking maybe if I write this before I head out the door it will help? Probably not! I'm running with some friends today, who agreed to stick with me. We're running at a super slow pace (we decided this up front. 10:30-11 minute miles. NO faster). So technically I should already know my finish time. But for some reason I'm still nervous that I will be sucking wind at mile 1!

59 is my 10K PR, but noway am I hitting that today. Emz told me to pick 3 finish times, so here they are:
Happy with: 1:10
Really happy with: 1:02
Buying everyone a beer afterward: 1:00

Anything between 1:02 - 1:10 and it will be a good day.

I'm off! Race day weekend begins! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Rock the race (because I want a beer!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm sure you'll surprise yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I hope it went well! I am looking forward to reading your race report and hearing which finish time you ended up with.

    ReplyDelete