Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Taper Be Damned!

Any runner/racer knows just what I mean. The taper. Ugh.

So many things running through my head this week.
1) Why do I do this to myself? This is a choice, and I've chosen this?!
2) I'm not ready. I should have run more. I should have run more hills. I should have done more speedwork.
3) I think I'm getting a cold. I have a horrible headache.

And then there is the pace group question....

Which pace group should I run with? My 1/2 pr is 2:14. I'm not there right now. I don't think. But maybe I could? Should I run with a 2:15 pacer but risk not being able, then become road kill at mile 8?

Should I go 2:20? I think that pace would push me but not too much. But isn't raceday about pushing yourself as far as you can go?

Should I go 2:25? This race is hilly. If I go 2:25 I'll enjoy myself MUCH more. But then stew about it after because at 2:25 I'll feel like I didn't try my hardest.

But....this is a comeback race after an injury & surgery. So maybe it *should* be about having fun and not worry so much about pace?

Ugh. I'm crazy.

2 comments:

  1. too many questions and doubts! You are gonna ROCK it! You are ready, you have trained, you are going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start with the 2:15s and be okay with it if you finish with the 2:25s. :-) You're going to do great!!

    ReplyDelete