Gina and I ran at 6 Wednesday morning, in the hot, humid messiness of June in Kansas. We did 5 1/2 miles, 9:05 average pace. WHAT?!?! Oh my goodness I was dying. That is much faster than my normal easy run pace, even faster than my race pace for crying out loud! We even walked some and still ended up with 9:05 average. WoW, Penny needs to come back to keep us on pace! LOL
Great run, zero knee pain. My quads however....helllllo. I can tell now what the Dr. was talking about when he told me I would lose alot of quad strength after surgery.
I ran Monday/Wednesday this week - Strength class on Tuesday/Thursday. I figured if my knee could get through 4 days of hard workouts and not be sore I could finally say I'm back.
So...........I'm BACK! :)
whoop whoop!
Long run Saturday coming up!
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hey suzy! Just found your blog and am diggin' it! Looking forard to followign your journey.
ReplyDeleteWay to go on your speedy run! Recovering after knee surgery is a difficult thing~ I'm training for my first marathon too and look forward to reading about your trainingm, too!
ReplyDelete