Wow this week is wearing on me already. Camp last week, out of town over the weekend....I'm pooped. My Monday started with a run a 5am. SNOOZE.....that is a 4:30 wake up and man, that is early. But! I ran 3 miles with absolutely ZERO pain during or after. WHOOOPIE! That is a first since surgery. Awesome. Pretty slow....3 miles, 33 minutes. But I'm trying really hard to remember that I am just happy to be running at all, and my speed will come back. Not that I really ever had much speed to begin with - I'm a 10 minute miler on a good day. So really, I'm not that far off!
This morning was strength training - wow - I was feeling the week break I took from weights. It's amazing how fast you lose it!
I'm thinking about my fall race plans now - of course I have one good run and *boom* I'm right back to "when's the next race". I'd really like to do another 1/2 in the fall, so training will need to start in a few weeks. I think I'm ready! :)
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hi! happy to be a new follower! Doesn't matter how fast we run, just that we get out there and RUN!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.
Tara