Today is the day that we all must run, like it or not, because um, hello?! It's National Running Day!
For me, June marks the beginning of the training schedule for the Chicago Marathon this fall. I am nervous, excited, freaked out at the commitment I have made .... how will I ever have time to follow this schedule?!
8 miles on a Wednesday, 5 the next day? Oh & then how about do 20 two days after?
I must be crazy. No question, I totally am.
But ... I can remember thinking the same thing when I first looked at the 1/2 marathon training schedule - so I'll do the same thing I did then & check them off one by one (with my super cute pink pen of course)
If you are following my blog, I will be taking you through each & every run throughout this training schedule.
I have some product giveaways coming for you too! Oh & I am an ambassador for Marathon Bar now (more on that later), so I'll be sure to spread that around when I get that big box of joy in the mail!
My goals for this training schedule & race? Stay injury free & finish this motha.
Ok, well, here it is - my entire summer. Hope I can find some pool time in there somewhere! :) Run on my friends!
wk 1 ... 3 Rest 4 3 Rest 5 Rest Week 1 total - 15
wk 2 ... 3 Rest 4 3 Rest 6 Rest Week 2 total - 16
wk 3 ... 3 Rest 4 3 Rest 7 Rest Week 3 total - 17
wk 4 ... 3 Rest 5 3 Rest 8 Rest Week 4 total - 19
wk 5 ... 3 Rest 5 3 Rest 10 Rest Week 5 total - 21
wk 6 ... 4 Rest 5 4 Rest 11 Rest Week 6 total - 24
wk 7 ... 4 Rest 6 4 Rest 12 Rest Week 7 total - 26
wk 8 ... 4 Rest 6 4 Rest 14 Rest Week 8 total - 28
wk 9 ... 4 Rest 7 4 Rest 16 Rest Week 9 total - 31
wk 10 ... 5 Rest 8 5 Rest 16 Rest Week 10 total - 34
wk 11 ... 5 Rest 8 5 Rest 17 Rest Week 11 total - 35
wk 12 ... 5 Rest 8 5 Rest 18 Rest Week 12 total - 36
wk 13 ... 5 Rest 8 5 Rest 20 Rest Week 13 total - 38
wk 14 ... 5 Rest 8 5 Rest 9 Rest Week 14 total - 27
wk 15 ... 3 Rest 5 3 Rest 8 Rest Week 15 total - 19
wk 16 ... 3 Rest 3 Walk 2 Rest Rest
RACE! 26.2 Week 16 total - 34.2
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Woohoo, that's quite the summer! Good luck with that!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Ambassador!
ReplyDelete