After a few weeks of very spring like weather, Kansas is back to snow :( boo hoo. I needed to get a long run in, so off to the gym this morning for a 9 miler on the treadmill.
I would much rather take it to the streets, but the one thing I really like about long treadmill running is the time to zone out, listen to music, think, think, and think. Usually as long as I have good tunes & lots to distract me, I can tolerate the treadmill.
So here is my thought process today.
Mile 1-3 - Watching yard crashers on DIY, wishing they would find me in home depot & redo my yard.
Do a 3 miler 2 more times & you're done.
Let's have some starbursts (yeah, I know, it's not running fuel....but....I forgot to buy any & the running store is closed Sunday. So this will have to do)
I need new shoes soon. I think I forgot deodorant. Ugh, I need to do laundry today. I had a good weekend. I wonder how many meetings I have tomorrow? I wish I had remembered my lip stuff, my lips are chapped. This song is awesome. Go faster. Whoa, not that fast. Gaww, you need to paint your nails. I wonder if my sleepyhead kid is even out of bed yet? I think I should learn how to play the guitar. I need to call my brother today. Next weekend I should do 11, then 12, then it's time to start the dreaded taper. Oh cool, House Hunters. I love that show. I can't wait to race again. and on, and on, and on. So many random thoughts today!
Lots & lots of think time. I can't think of any other time I have 1 1/2 hours of uninterrupted, quiet thinking time. So I'm going to stop dreading the treadmill runs & enjoy the time to myself.
I finished with some time in the smokin' hot sauna. I am feeling great today! (and I hope you are too :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Even though I usually feel a little guilty for it, I like running on the treadmill. Its a lot gentler on my body and being able to control the speed sometimes pushes me to do a little more and challenge myself. Although, nothing compares to being outside. Great run!
ReplyDelete"this is your brain.... this is your brain on a long run". some days i wish i could take notes of all of the things floating around in there. it's pretty entertaining sometimes. u did a good job capturing just what brains do with all of that think-time. =) way to go on the TM! i hope it warms up soon.
ReplyDeleteI love running thoughts! They go everywhere. Yet my runs are when I can usually figure out a lot of things and release so much stress. I love your blog!
ReplyDeletethat is awesome if you have a sauna at home : )
ReplyDeleteI have the most random thoughts while running!
Just now found this blog, when did you start running? How did you ease into that many miles? I am wanting to start and researching the best way to do it.
ReplyDeleteBoo send me an email, I'll tell you allll about it - or just check my blog back in 2009 - my first few posts are from zero miles. Couch to 5K is in my opinion the best program out there to get started. Let me know if I can help :) it's really just one step at a time...eventually you're doing long runs :)
ReplyDelete