Thursday was a beautiful day out, so I took out for a lunchtime run. During the week I've been trying to do some speed work on the shorter runs. I kicked out my fastest 5k on thursday :) a 4 minute PR! That's big for me. I giggled and smiled the whole way back to my office.
For anyone new following this blog....I had knee surgery last year, started back to running with 11 minutes miles, so a 25 min 5k is honestly something I never thought I would ever do.
Friday - should have been a rest day for Saturday long run, but wow, it was so nice out I just couldn't stay in. Lunchtime run again, 4 miler, 3 minutes faster than I've ever run 4 miles. Something has just clicked this past week and I LIKE IT!
Saturday - well, this is where I didn't do a very good job of listening to my body. I was tired Friday night (probably from 2 days of all out), but Saturday was going to be the nicer of the weekend days....so I got up early Saturday for my long run.
Feeling really good during the run, but after my hammy is hurting. Stretching & rest for me for a few days. I have a race next weekend, so I'm going to take it a bit easy this next week.
Anyway, Saturday run - I saw :
A guy in his silky pj pants taking his dogs out. He tried to hide behind a tree when he saw me coming, but just so he knew that I saw him, I yelled a big 'good morning!' lol
A packet of GU 1/2 gone on the sidewalk. First thought : Ah, cool. Runners are out there everywhere. Second thought : Dude, pick up your trash you literbug. Third thought : I wish I had one of those right now. I forgot to buy any fuel so I was going without today.
Plus a whole lotta drunk, drunk, drunk people heading to Aggieville for 'fake patty's day'. Ahhhh ... to be 21 and drunk at 8am.
A group asked me to come along with them, another asked if I wanted to take a beer pong break (I really DID), and I got a passerby honk (but it was a car of girls so I'm not sure if that one counts? Or maybe it counts double?) I resisted the beer pong and kept on running.
Saw several people doing the Saturday morning 'walk of shame'. You know, the 'still in my Friday night clothes, hair a mess, walking home from the hook up' walk. Cracks me up sometimes to live in a college town.
OH! And the coolest thing I saw today :
Hello Spring!





way to go on your speedy 5 k! it sounds like an eventful run... i love that you said hi to the guy hiding in his jammies:)
ReplyDeleteWow, congratulations on the awesome finish time, girl! Whoo hoo!
ReplyDelete