Much to update, I have been neglecting my blog. This training thing is getting in the way of my blogging!
11 mile run on Saturday, NO KNEE PAIN at ALL! I think I'm fixed! It feels great to say that. Every other piece of me was hurting Sunday morning (I felt about 100 years old getting out of bed!), but the knee was great. :) The run was really pretty good overall. We worked in a big daddy hill just for fun (our idea of fun? sick isn't it?!). The last mile I was out of gas, but a few stories from the ladies later, we were done!
The weather was AWESOME! You can't beat this!

The view was AWESOME! All foggy & mysterious like.

New shoes were AWESOME!
My first long run in my brand spankin' new Saucony's. 11 miles in new shoes is risky. I was worried - but they were great! No blisters, no problems at all. Saucony's seem to have a wider toe box, which I love cause my piggies need some room. But this makes them feel loose compared to my Mizuno's so I tied them pretty tight.
I think I may have tied them too tight cause my toes were feeling a little tingly. Loosened them up a bit and all was gooooooooooood. 11 miles later my feet were tired & a bit sore, but hey, it's 11 miles. I *heart* my new shoes! (I still secretly wish they were pink though) Penny showed up for our run on Saturday with the exact same pair! No, she didn't know I bought them. So now we are twinkies! Great minds think alike :)
Check out my friend's new running blog. He is smack in the middle of his first 13.1 training schedule! Thunder Road Racing
And just for a smile, I stole this from Shelly's blog:
Giveaway coming soon! :) Have a great week!





I love all the happy in this post!!
ReplyDeleteweather :)
Run :)
Knee :)
chocolate :) :) :)
I'm thrilled to hear your knee felt so good! ::high fives::
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo on the knee! Great job on the long run. I love reading your blog. It sure takes me down memory lane when I was training for the full. Such a huge time committment but an awesome accomplishment say you have run 26.2 miles! Amazing!
ReplyDeletei can't even tell you how jealous i am about your temps!! ohhh i so wish florida would just cool down a tad
ReplyDelete