Today is a rest day for me. Ahhhhh. Rest days, I love you. Funny though how I seem to be more tired on my rest days. hmmm.
Anyway, yesterday I went out super early for a 4 miler. I've kinda been freaking out about running before 6:30am because it's still dark out (hello fall!). But I've got 5 weeks until my race - it's time to GO!
I got up Thursday morning 5:00am, got all ready to go, stepped outside.....raining. Dang it. Go? Don't go? Considering a few Saturdays ago I still ran after barfing (I know, TMI), I'm thinking a little rain shouldn't keep me inside. I did decide that my ipod should stay home though.
The run was actually great considering the following events....
It was so dark out, and with no ipod I have no choice but to stare at the ground, spacing out to try to ignore that I really just wanted to walk. Yeah, that's when it happened.
I had to spit....it's 5:30 in the morning, noone around, so I just spit. OMG I totally spit RIGHT at the feet of a girl passing me. It was like slow motion spit. I saw her but the spit was already leaving....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooo! Luckily I didn't hit her (I don't think, but come on, it's pitch black and raining, so who knows). I said I was sorry, she chuckled because I'm sure I looked like she scared the #(%& out of me. I honestly did not see her coming until she was literally RIGHT THERE.
Karma's a bitch you know....less than 5 minutes later I stepped in dog poo in my brand new, now soaking wet and smelling like poo Saucony's. :( poo. I love dogs, but seriously people, pick up their sh... don't leave it on the sidewalk.
Have a good weekend runners! Heading out early tomorrow for an 11 miler with my regulars and some new running friends too :) Yippee!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





lol... i found this post a bit amusing for some reason... hope your shoes came clean! and I hope you have fun on your 11 miler today! :)
ReplyDelete