Monday, September 10, 2012

Giveaway Time!

Awe, I know you have been missing my posts!  I promised another giveaway, so today is the day!

But first, let's talk running a bit.  I've been sick, sick, sick  :(  no running for almost 2 weeks.  Virus, allergies, ashma, who knows what the hell it is.  I'm still not 100%, but I got like 6 prescriptions from the doc - including an inhaler & it seemed to help a ton.

I got a strong 8 in last Saturday!  YAY!  Still an amazing amount of snot (we can talk candidly here right?!), but I got through it.  I actually felt pretty good considering I hadn't run for so long. 

I was so worried the night before, because I really felt like this run was the decider for race day.  I used to be training enough to miss a week & still pull it off, but I was doubting myself on this one big time.  

(Sidebar - what would I do without my sweet boyfriend as my cheerleader?  He gave me a much needed peptalk before bed, got up with me at 6:30 to see me out the door, AND left a sweet note on my car for me to find when I got done.  I love that man. *sigh*)

Weather was 50 degrees at the start of my run.  Perfect conditions.  It's amazing how much easier a run is if it isn't 100 degrees out! 

I'm not sure if the race on Oct 14 is a good idea with where I am right now in training (I should have done 10 according to the schedule).  So..... I may have to pick a race in November instead - but I'm proud of the 8 miler & I'm pressing on!

Ok.  Now for the goods!

Running is so cool.  I get to connect with friends I probably would never connect with. 

This giveaway is a handmade 13.1 necklace made by a runner friend of mine. She was kind enough to offer a cute giveaway for you today, so here it is! 

You can choose the color if pink doesn't do it for you (which I can't IMAGINE .... but hey, it's your necklace & Missy said you could choose)


Here's how to win this little cutie.  You have 5 chances! (you can leave 5 seperate comments, or just put them all in one)

1.  Follow my blog, tell me you do. 

2.  Like her page on Facebook, tell me you did it.  https://www.facebook.com/HandStampedWasherJewelry

3.  Snoop around her pics & tell me something you like, or what you would would have Missy put on your one of a kind piece.

4.  Tell me what your pre-run meal is.

5.  Lastly, tell me the craziest thing you do/have done with running? 

GO!
P.S.  Shelley M if you are reading this, I tried to post on your blog but that guess the word thing wasn't working for me.  I wanted to say .... Slow & steady wins the race Shelley!  You keep at it!  :)



9 comments:

  1. I usually don't like being the 1st comment (never seem to win that way, LOL)!
    1. Follow your blog
    2. Liked the FB page
    3. I like the multicolored necklace or a braclet with the 13.1 would be cool!
    4. Not good on pre-run meal, tend to avoid them for bathroom issues:/
    5. Craziest thing is a tie having to "go" in the middle of a subdivison cause I just couldn't hold it any longer or getting caught out on a country road with friend in an awful thunderstorm after hubby told us to turn around and go back~ we just didn't listen:)

    Good Luck with your training, hope you feel better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite is the 13.1 necklace, but I also like the "be Courageous" dog tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pre-run meal is usually a cup of coffee and a protein bar about an hour to an hour and a half before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The craziest thing I'll DO with running is the Ragnar Relay with 11 other weight loss success stories in Jan '13!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... thanks girl! (I actually didn't even realize I had that captcha thing on..oops!) I'm trying hard! It;s NEVER gets easy playing catch up does it?!

    1.So... you KNOW I follow you friend!

    2. I totally liked her facebook page. (Um.. weren't you going to friend me?) ;D

    3. I really like the breast cancer tribute bracelet.

    4. My A#1 go-to pre ru meal is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on wheat.

    Aaand...

    5. I guess the craziest things I do while running (besides trying not to fall) is that I've tried to play "Words With Friends" on my phone while running, but not very successfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find you on facebook! You must have your profile on lockdown! LOL

      Delete
    2. Hmm... I'm Shelley Brown Manning if that helps!

      Delete