Monday, June 25, 2012

Enjoy a giggle, at my expense

I really had a blond moment recently & only my runner friends will truly appreciate the ridiculousness of it all. 

As endurance runners, you all probably know about Nuun Hydration products.  Well, I'm always searching for on-the-go hydration that doesn't upset my tummy, isn't too sweet, but does what it should do.  Hydrate.  I sweat alot, so I really need salt on my runs.

A friend of mine suggested I try Nuun.  I bought a cute little bottle of lemon lime.  Portable, easily carried in my belt, didn't take up much space - so far so good.

I couldn't IMAGINE why anyone would like these. 

I got home and threw them out.  Then called my friend and told her how awful those were.

She was shocked - she loves them & couldn't imagine why it was so awful.  We laughed a bit about it & decided, well, we all like different things - I guess that's why they have so many things on the market.  Left it at that.

A few days later I talked to her again, still puzzled at how she could possibly like them.  I described why I didn't like them....

"After 5 miles in the heat the absolute last thing I would ever want is to have to chomp up a chalky lemon limey tablet. It was like eating a pack of tums all at once."

 It then dawned on her that ....

What I didn't realize about Nuun is .....you have to mix it with water. I thought they were chewable tablets - not mix ins.   I chewed the stupid tablet without mixing it in water!

I guess I learn my lessons the hard way  ;)  I am entertainment for my friends that's for sure!

7 comments:

  1. I did not bat an eye at this post..I think Nuun is nasty and I have had it mixed with water! lol

    Hope you like it with water next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Running Librarian, I think Nuun tastes like complete crap and I also had it mixed with water.

    But I still giggled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, as a fellow blonde, I can truly appreciate this story! I may or may not have done the same thing... But I agree that even mixed with water, Nuun just isn't my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah... don't get your hopes up, it still tastes like crap when it's mixed in water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I saw where that was going! :) But sadly everyone is right, it doesn't improve that much even IN water. Glad to read you are still at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, didn't you have any side-effects from eating it straight like that?

    ReplyDelete