I've had a visit with the Ortho now, he says I have plica syndrome. Choices to take care of it are shots or surgery. I've chosen to try the shots first....mainly because we are going a vacation soon and crutches just wouldn't work for me on the beach! Going in for shots next week, and hopefully that will get me back running again. If not, surgery is in my future for the first part of March. We all know what that means for OKC 1/2 marathon in April....if the shots don't work, I'm sidelined. I've kinda already decided I would be ok with that - still go and cheer on my friends - and then come back strong for a 1/2 in the fall. Crossing my fingers though that the shots are the cure.
I've been trying really hard to keep my cardio going with spinning and have added in some strength training this past week. I really hope those things will help keep me strong and ready to run if I can get back to it. Everyday I'm not running, my friends are training for OKC and I'm not. That is really hard. So I guess I really want to either know for sure if I'm running that race or not. That way I can either try to bust ass to get caught up, or start making signs for my friends as they cross the finish line.
Will write an update next week after the shot! :| Nervous about that :|
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment