Saturday, October 10, 2009

WEEK 12

Well, this is it people. Race week. My running schedule is next to nothing this week (except for Sunday of course!). For this week I'm going to try to concentrate on eating right and getting rest.

We somehow ended up forgetting to make our #*$&% hotel reservations until just last week.....so of course all downtown hotels were booked. At least that's what we were told.....it's all about who you call and how nice you ask apparently! I called and spoke to the hotel event planner for the race and before I knew it we were booked in a 2 bedroom suite in the host hotel, right by the start/finish line and after party! For the same price per person as any other room. I have NO idea how that happened....but I'll take it! Maybe I should go into sales?!

Off we go for week 12, my final week of training. Cheers!

TOTAL FOR WEEK 12:
6 miles easy jogging, 4 miles walking, 13.1 miles kicking ass


Oct 11 - rest day

Oct 12 - 3 mile easy jog

Oct 13 - rest day

Oct 14 - 3 mile easy jog

Oct 15 - easy yoga day

Oct 16 - 2 miles walking

Oct 17 - rest day - travel day, expo shopping :)

Oct 18 - This is it. 13.1 miles!

NOTES for WEEK 12:
This was a hard week for my family. We had some family things happen this week and my mind is just not focused to run this race this weekend. It probably doesn't help that the weather here is freezing, raining and I'm pooped from a very long Sunday/Monday. I'm hoping to get out of this funk and find my motivation somewhere between today and Sunday.....

No comments:

Post a Comment