Less than two weeks until race day! Wowza I'm nervous just thinking about it. But, I know we have trained hard, spent many, many hours preparing and even more hours worrying.....I think we are ready!
This week I will cut way back on mileage and even less next week. It feels weird not to be working toward a goal mileage right now, and it's a little hard to be motivated to do anything. But the week is starting off well so far!
TOTAL FOR THE WEEK: 18 miles
Oct 4 - rest day
Oct 5 - 3 miles
Oct 6 - rest day
Oct 7 - 4 miles
Oct 8 - 3 miles
Oct 9 - rest day
Oct 10 - 8 miles
OMG so cold out there today! Sweating/freezing/sweating/freezing. Must get some winter running clothes!
NOTES FOR THE WEEK:
This week felt really weird. Not having to increase in miles = no goal = little motivation! I have to keep in mind that the purpose of this week is to get rested and ready for race day.....but it is really hard to not increase mileage--that feels weird. We settled our travel plans for the trip and now I just have to pray for good weather. There is a winter weather advisory in Des Moines today....blah. But living in the midwest, we know one thing....you can wear a coat one day, shorts the next. So I'm just going to wish, wish, wish for sunshine on race day!
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment