Monday, March 25, 2013

PROBAR review & giveaway + 40% off!

Update on 1/2 marathon training first!  Last weekend was a scheduled 8 miler.  I did it, on a treadmill because Kansas didn't get the memo that it is SPRING....and there was snow on the ground. 

8 miles on a treadmill is something I can't ever even imagine doing - but I am a bit psychotic about following the 'plan', so I had to get it done.  Here is my neurotic way of dealing with that many miles on the treadmill. 

At mile 3, I stop, clear the treadmill, eat some chews, start over.  At 3, I do the same routine.  Then I only have 2 more left!  Crazy maybe, but it tricks my mind into thinking it's not that far.  Whatever gets it done I suppose! 

Ok now for the fun part!  Review & giveaway!  Josh from PROBAR sent me some samples to try out & share with you. 

They also are offering a 40% discount on any order from my blog!  Just enter BLOGGER as your discount code.  :)

First let me tell you that I have a really grumpy tummy when it comes to fueling.  I have struggled ever since I started running to find something that does the trick, but doesn't send me running to the bathroom.    

Enter PROBAR. This company interested me because they are made from yummy organic stuff like nuts, chia & flax, nothing weird or artificial.

They sent me lots of samples, I'll tell you what my favs are.

PROBAR Core bars
These babies are GOOD.  Some bars taste like a big block of vitamins - these do not.  I'm talking candy bar-like goodness here. 

Take note of the calorie count on these - they in my opinion are almost a meal replacement. But - 20 grams of protein?!  For an almost vegetarian type person such as myself, 20 grams of protein is awesome. I like them best for breakfast.

They also sent me some of the PROBAR Halo bars.  Equally as tasty, calorie count is lower, but so is the protein.  They are really tasty. These are good for a little snack, or I like them post-run. :)




Now onto my very favorite of all.  PROBAR Bolt Energy Chews.  I am very, very picky about my fuel during a run.  Can't be too sweet, can't have a nasty texture that makes me want to hurl (usually those energy gels do that), & it can't upset my tummy. 

PROBAR Bolt passed all of my tests.  Tasty but not too sweet, texture is fine & I had them on my 8 miler last weekend with ZERO tummy issues & they perked me right up.  They are my new favorite thing! 

How to get yours?
Well, you can of course order them, 40% off for my blogging friends.  Just enter BLOGGER in the discount code.  Do that here.

You can also enter my giveaway!  I'll send you samples of the three products I mentioned above  :)  You have to only do this:

1.  Like PROBAR on Facebook.  Leave me a comment telling me you did.

2.  Check out their website, mention in a comment what you think sounds good to try. 

3.  Share my giveaway on your blog, facebook, yell it to your neighbor, whatever.  Leave me a comment telling me you did.

4.  Order from PROBAR with your sweet 40% off, then comment that you did.   

You will get an entry for each of these, so you could be entered lots-o-times!  Good Luck!


5 comments:

  1. The ProBar Core PB Chocolate bar looks fantastic! I buy my kids protein bars because they have no lunch period because of class load, and I think they would enjoy that flavor the best and it would hold them over until they get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them on FB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try the orange chews!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shared on my Running On Candy FB page :)

    ReplyDelete