
I have no idea what has happened :( I am in serious, serious running BURN OUT. I have had one run since the marathon in October.
After a race I'm always ready to jump right back into running & scheduling the next race. Now.....I have zero desire. Since I began running a few years ago, I have never experienced this!
I think maybe all the marathon training was just too much + the race was pretty awful for me + no goal = CHUBBY. I feel chubby, lazy & just PFFT.
I know I have lost all of my endurance from such a long break. The thought of starting over .... gaww. I love running so much, but I have lost it. :( How do I get it back?!?!
Maybe I need to take a little time to get caught up on my running friend's blogs, or maybe just stop whining & run?
Help!





I hate that feeling when you're coming back from a break. You feel so defeated. I just remind myself that it will all come back much more quickly than you feel like it will when you take that first step. ::hugs::
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you. Ever since my first marathon back in September I have lost almost all motivation. I even gave a formal couch to 5k program a shot to try and re-spark something. Not a whole lot. I've got to get going training wise soon as I really need the running to help with stress and weight loss. So if you need a brother in this struggle just shout. Good luck to you.
ReplyDeleteGirl... I can only imagine how training for a full marathon could do that, since I am in exactly the same situation form half marathon training. I ran 3 miles yesterday, my second run since Nov. 5th and it was AWFUL. :( I think the fact that it gets dark at 5:30 and it's colder and the holidays... yadda, yadda, yadda... :) Just try to think about how much better of a "you" you are when you are running and ease back in! That's what I keep telling myself! Good Luck! (Maybe buy some new socks?) ;D
ReplyDeleteFriends. Of. Mine. ALWAYS. TOOK. 3 WEEKto. 1 MONTH. BREAK. Before legs. Try. Rowing. And. Biking. With. Partners for A While. You. Use frnds as. Snding. Board. As To How. Feel and .5 marathons. Much more relaxng. Test. The. Knees. That Way.
ReplyDelete