Ok kids, well, I haven't updated in a few weeks - things are crazy. I finished my last 20 mile run before taper week....felt good. Confident that I was ready, all the training was done, and then BOOM. I got into a car accident a few days later.
All was fine .... except when I was hit I bumped my knee on the dash. Now of course that is the ONLY place that just can't get hit (that was my knee from last year's surgery). GAWWWW. Seriously. I just couldn't believe that happened. 2 weeks out from the race and then THAT.
Fast forward to today. My knee is still sore, bruised and crappy. No running for me until race day - just rest & ice.
My taper weeks just turned into a sit on your ass and worry weeks! (but I'm of course trying my best to remain positive)
Today I am 9 days out from the race. If the race was this weekend I probably wouldn't be able to do it. SO! Here comes my realistic Plan B. I am trying to remember that this race is not about a certain time goal. It's my first full. Goal is to finish happy.
I am thinking I will do a jog/walk kind of thing, and shoot for a 5 1/2 hour time. If my average pace for long runs has been 10-10:30, think that is doable?!
P.S. I'm so sorry for the delay in announcing the winner of the marathon bar giveaway! Shelley is the winner! Send me your address girl and I will send those bars your way!
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment