Thursday, March 18, 2010

Back to Real Life

Back from vacation, a full week to get back into the swing of things....and all seems to be ok. Last week I ran 16 miles total, with a 10K race last weekend. I did so much better than I expected! Well, I didn't really know what to expect since I haven't been able to run in so long.
Here is Angie and I after the race, all smiles =)

10K, 1:02. This time was the exact same as my very first race, Labor Day Chapman run! The race was fun, and really was the big test. I figure if I can run a 10K, I could possibly still be in the running for Oklahoma 1/2 marathon in April. But....April is coming quickly my friends, I have about 5 weeks. I think I can at least get to the point where I am comfortable with the distance, go and run this motha and have fun. No worries about my time or anybody else's time....every race does NOT have to be your personal best.
Ok then, there you go. I've made the decision for sure....am running Oklahoma City, April 25 =) Woot!

Saturday am attempting a SLOW 8 miles. If the knee is ok with that, we'll try for 9 next week. Training is BACK ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment